We are seeking an AS400 Programmer/Analyst to develop various applications and provide programming support for business and custom operations support systems. The Programmer/Analyst will also maintain existing applications, upgrade applications to utilize new technologies, and provide interfaces to other division systems to share operational and business information.
- Minimum four-year degree in Computer Science or Information Management.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as an AS400 developer.
- Must have RPG programming experience.
Position requires strong understanding and superior skills in programming within an AS400 iSeries environment and OS400 operating system. Must have experience using RPG IV/ILE, CL/ILE, free format programming, DDS & SDA . Strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory. Applicants must have the ability to work under pressure, and be able to engage in critical thinking. They should also have the desire to learn and apply new technologies. Life Insurance industry experience helpful but not required.
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Design, modify, and write programs as well as research and fix problems
- Consult with management to clarify program intent and suggest improvements
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain use of computer systems
- Expand and modify systems to serve new purposes or improve work flow
- Document system design procedures and test procedures and updates
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving system related problems
If you meet our qualifications for this position, please send a resume to Midwest Holding Inc/American Life & Security - 8101 "O" Street, Suite #101 Lincoln, NE 68510 or e-mail HR@MidwestHolding.com.
Are you interested in a career that
provides comprehensive training, competitive pay, and the opportunity for rapid advancement?
You're in luck! We are currently looking for someone interested in pursuing a marketing career with us. If you have a desire to learn and a passion for success, we would like to hear from you.
For more information about career opportunities, please Click Here or contact us at 402-489-8266 or send us an e-mail at HR@MidwestHolding.com to set up an interview.